Telecare involves employing a wide spectrum of technologies to encourage people’s health. It aids healthcare services providers in monitoring the patients in their clinical wards. These are really helpful to medical practitioners in easing their operations and also to reduce their nurses and other medical staffs. As COVID-19 keeps spreading across nations and hasn’t been curbed yet, places that allows for mass gathering have now been restricted as it’s more likely to increase the spread of the viirus.
Telecare has vastly advanced for many years. It aims at offering remote treatments to patients using telecommunication technologies. This consists of digital communication like live video or asynchronous methods such as remote patient monitoring. Without visiting a clinic, they are used to elaborate patients’ access to care, and also to manage their wellness and recovery. It helps physicians to remotely check for associated risks and early symptoms of each of their patients’ health conditions.
Additionally, telecare solutions can be managed via mobile devices, remote patient monitoring, and so on.
Examples of some telecare solutions include;
- Movement sensors (passive infrared).
- Floor pressure mats.
- Bed or chair occupancy sensors.
- Falls detectors.
- Pendant/personal alarms,
- Body worn buttons.
- Carbon monoxide telecare sensors.
- Door sensors/contacts.
- Gas sensors.
- Minimum room temperature sensors.
- Pressure sensors.
- Smoke and heat sensors.
- Switches and sensors.
- Fixed buttons.
- Communication hub and alarm/alert buttons.
- Pull cords, and many more.
Additionally, telemonitoring services enables doctors in keeping an eye to their patient’s glucose level, Blood Pressure (BP), cardiac arrhythmia, as well as to remind patients to take their medications. In a pandemic period like this, telemonitoring services are crucial to medical practitioners in observing patients’ health without having physical contact with them. This also lessens the spread of the COVID-19 virus from the patient to the physician.
It’s also helpful in reducing the number of patients seeking for medical services that are not urgent or emergency. Thus, enabling medical companies to have more bed spaces for patients who needs to get emergency medical intervention.
How are telecare and telemonitoring devices beneficial to people’s health?
- Telecare and telemonitoring devices create possibilities for physicians to offer proactive heath measures to their patients. It lowers the calls of chronic health problems they receive. Provisions are being made for some remote medical teams who serve the roles of coach that guides the patients in various factors that benefits their health. For instance, pendant/personal alarms are similar to neck pendants, and are capable of enabling an alarm whenever the patients needs attention. It’s also activated when the patient fails to return to their bed after a certain period of time. When this system is used with others telecare solutions in your clinic, your nurses and co-workers won’t need to frequently check on patients in their wards or at their home.
- It improves healthcare services by availing wireless and real-time monitoring of patients. It allows medical practitioners to be able to see any changes or developments on their patient’s health. Patients usually wear these devices within the clinic or outside the facility. These devices are handy and innovative health solution that are helpful to constantly check heart rate, body temperature, blood pressure, etc.
- They are also helpful to ill, disabled, or aged persons that need medical care at their residence. It enables them to live on their own without requiring rigorous treatment from doctors. Moreover, some telecare and telemonitoring devices notifies doctors when their patient(s) just experienced a fall or needs urgent medical attention.
- It’s also capable of monitoring sleep, as well as to ascertain if an individual has been restless or not.
Conclusively, telecare and telemonitoring solutions helps medical practitioners to collect a wide range of health data such as significant symptoms, heart rate, blood pressure, blood sugar levels, weight, blood oxygen levels, etc.
You can reach out to an IT service company to become beneficiaries of telecare and telemonitoring services to lower the number of patients in you clinic while serving all patients needs. Healthcare specialists across various fields are users of telecare and telemonitoring solutions. Such specialists include podiatrists, mental health specialists, etc.