Managed service is the act of outsourcing maintenance responsibilities, repairs, and other processes to experts to cut costs and improve operations. This helps an organization to focus on other important things and reduce the workload of internal staff thereby increasing their efficiency and productivity.
With managed services you get to have constant and consistent monitoring of your systems and also quick detection and fixing of problems or faults before they escalate. What then is managed IT service? What you need to know about managed I.T services
Managed IT services involve the outsourcing of certain IT services to a managed service provider, otherwise known as MSP. They help in updating, managing, and monitoring the IT functions of your organization remotely.
There are a lot of managed IT services to choose from, and below are few of the types of managed IT services that can be instrumental in solving your cyber-security needs whether corporate or individual.
- Managed Security Server
- Managed Communication Server
- Managed Cloud Infrastructure Server
- Managed Data Analytics Server
- Managed Networks and Infrastructure
- Managed Support Services
- Managed Software-as-a-Server (SaaS)
- Managed Wireless and Mobile Computing Services
Why you need managed IT services for your business
The benefits of using managed IT services are so much that it’ll take some time to list them entirely. The benefits go way beyond the financial aspect as they also have effects on the business itself.
- Cyber security support: managed IT service providers are mostly familiar with PCI compliance thereby having the technical know-how to reduce IT-based risks in the organization, especially in areas like client data, credit card use, and other leakages of sensitive information. It’s certain that you wouldn’t want a security breach or any security threat, so this is your best bet.
- One vendor for all equipment: It is highly-demanding to have a list of vendors for every IT-related equipment and call them each time the equipment is needed or develops fault. You can instead make use of a managed IT service provider who then handles both software and hardware devices for you.
- Predictable and scalable operational expenditure : Investing in IT systems and infrastructures are quite expensive, no doubt, but when outsourced, they become less expensive and more focused on a fixed and single set of operational expenditure cost.
- Reduction of operational costs: with a full team of internal IT workers, you spend more on salary payments, insurance, staff benefits and incentives, trainings, etc. but when such services are been outsourced to professionals, you get to cut operational costs and other expenses like training, repairs, obtaining a license, etc.
- Quick response to clients: this is a jet age where competition is high and fast response to inquiry is essential. Rather than be slowed down by technical difficulties or other minor things, an outsourced IT service provider takes such problems from your plate. They give 24/7 support services to your customer on your behalf.
- Effective monitoring and fixing of issues: outsourced managed IT services mostly have experts at their disposal who help in ensuring the smooth running of the IT systems and noticing faults before they become big issues. With this, there is ease of growth due to minimal downtime.
- Data compliance support: there are some strict standards and regulations that must be met and followed by businesses. Some are the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Acts, etc. Your team is expected to go through the numerous standards and regulations to check for what suits the company best, but managed services providers are fully aware of these and several other policies so you do not have to worry yourself over them.
In conclusion, running and managing a business on its own requires having a reliable managed IT services provider to delegate those duties to while you focus on other segments of the organization. With this comes reduction of stress and costs, peace of mind, productivity, and growth to the organization.
Why not take that bold and wise decision in 2021 and switch to a managed IT service?